Happy Halloween! We hope your day is filled with a bunch of Hocus-Pocus!
Spooktacular fun hits Daley Plaza October 26-31 2012. Chicagoween will have many family fun events to chose from; including pumpkin decorating and crafts, circus-type entertainment, and a farmers market. The farmers market will be selling fall favorites such as pumpkins, squash, apples, and other fall specialties. Head out to Daley Plaza to celebrate with the family.
Here are a few tips for creating a masterpiece out of your Jack-o-lantern:
- Find a large pumpkin for ample creation space
- Cut the lid of the pumpkin at a 45 degree angle so that the top does not fall into the pumpkin when you replace it
- Gut your pumpkin (and save the seeds for a tasty snack after you have finished your masterpiece!)
- Use a water-based marker to draw your design on the pumpkin. A damp sponge will erase any lines you are unhappy with
- A sharp flat edge knife provides accurate carving. Use an X-Acto knife for smaller details and the tip of a potato peeler for creating circles.
- Put a small candle in the pumpkin, light it, and enjoy your new Halloween decoration!
For more detailed tips on pumpkin carving look to the professionals at Pumpkin Masters.
We would like to take a moment to send our thoughts and prayers to those lost, suffering, and survivors of breast cancer. Educate yourself on how to protect yourself, the signs, or how to get involved in the movement at Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Football season is in full swing, which means tailgating is upon us. Most people opt for the simple hot dog and hamburgers but here are some new twists to fan favorites.
- Kabobs, everyone loves a mixture of meats and veggies on a stick
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Mini Muffulettas
- Layered Taco Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Stuff Jalapeños (YUM!)
You will be the hit of the game with these nontraditional recipes for tailgating.
For full recipes, tailgate decorating, and much more check out our Tailgating Pinterest Board!
Your skin absorbs over 64 percent of what you place on it and majority of beauty and skin products include harsh chemicals. Does not make sense, correct? Rather than exposing yourself to harmful products check out Juice Beauty; The Organic Solution.
Juice Beauty products are made with certified organic ingredients, avoiding all the toxins that can be harmful to your skin. They have created an array of skin care, make up, and hair care products. Juice Beauty can be found in Elle, People, and In Style Magazine and have been a popular choice amongst the stars.
Check out Juice Beauty’s blog for beauty tips and up to date information on their products.
Pinterest has been the latest craze to hit the Internet. From clothing, to destination, to pets the site allows its users to create a virtual pin board of all their favorite things. Pinterest connects users to pictures which can then brings them to the original source. It lets people find things around the Internet they may not have found on their own.
Hotel Felix has created its very own Pinterest page to share with our followers our favorite things. Head to Hotel Felix’ page to take a peek at our boards!
October is Chicago Artist Month, a month where Chicagoans showcases their immense talent. Patrons are welcomed to share and view exhibits, studios, and neighborhood art walks.
Throughout the month there will be featured events such as 20 Neighborhoods, Chicago Sculpture Exhibit, The Installation Experiment, along with many others. To view and read up on all the events, click here.
For more information on Chicago Artist Month, head to http://www.chicagoartistsmonth.org/