Head to Chicago’s First Green Hotel for Discounted Rates and Events during
We will roll out the green carpet with free eco-friendly events and activities for Chicagoans and guests alike.
The Earth Month activities include but are not limited to:
• Earth Day, Earth Stay: To kick off Earth Month on April 1, Hotel Felix will offer an exclusive Earth Day room rate of $20.13 plus tax for the first 10 people who book a room for Earth Day, April 22, online using promo code EARTH. The option to book will start at 12 p.m., April 1 and the exclusive rate is only available to stay on April 22 (Earth Day). The rate is based on availability and do not include sales tax. These green steals are bound to go fast and interested guests are encouraged to be ready to book starting at noon, April 1 at www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
• Pop-up Yoga Studio: Hotel Felix is pleased to welcome the talented instructors of Elate Yoga (http://www.elateyoga.com) to the hotel this Earth Month. Every Wednesday in April at 6:30 p.m., Elate Yoga will offer free yoga classes to Chicagoans and hotel guests of all skill levels. Reservations are not required but strongly encouraged, as space is limited. For questions or to reserve a spot, please email Elate Yoga at email@example.com or call 312-772-6459.
• SupportFriends of the Chicago River: Hotel Felix will partner with Alexandra Gnoske, a leading environmentalist in Chicago, to support the Friends of the Chicago River. Hotel Felix will sell Gnoske’s limited quantity “Recycle Me” shirts for just $15 each while supplies last. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Chicago River, a nonprofit committed to preserving and protecting the river.
• Debut of Environmental Captains: This April, Hotel Felix will feature the hotel’s first Environmental Captains. Hotel Felix is proud to name the first two Environmental Captains, Troy Murray and Noemi Rodriguez. This honor is bestowed upon them as they demonstrated their passion and commitment to Hotel Felix’ sustainable practices. Murray and Rodriguez will be responsible for overseeing the hotel’s green efforts, including recycling, use of USGBC-approved cleaning supplies and more.
• Our Photogenic Family: The hotel is the proud permanent home to a larger-than-life family of three sustainable art sculptures, who reside right outside the front entrance. These eco-friendly works of art, created by sculptor Allen Christian of House of Balls, (http://houseofballs.com/) have landed at Hotel Felix one-by-one each year over the past three Earth Days. This Earth Month, guests and Chicagoans are invited to see, photograph and enjoy them all month long.
We’re excited for Earth Month to start on Monday! We’ll be sharing more updates and photos throughout the month.
This Saturday at 8:30 p.m., Chicagoans are invited to switch off their (non-essential) lights for one hour. Also known as Earth Hour, it’s a time across the world for people to join together in a commitment to the planet. It all starts with a first step, and that first step is as simple as switching off your lights. By participating in Earth Day you’re celebrating doing more for the planet!
Interestingly, Earth Hour is held in late March each year because it is around the time of the Spring and Autumn equinoxes in the northern and southern hemispheres, respectively. This allows for near overlap of sunset times in both hemispheres and for the greatest visual impact of lights going out during the hour.
So tell us… will you be participating in Earth Hour this year? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Spring, you had us worried there for a second. This Wednesday, March 20, marks the first official day of spring! The spring, a.k.a. vernal, equinox is the only time of year (besides fall equinox) when the sun rises due east and sets due west. The days will be noticeably longer with sunlight lasting well into the evening hours.
We can’t wait for beautiful blossoms to peak through the ground (like the daffodils above!), trees to grow lush with new life and the excited buzz that intoxicates the city this time of year. Spring is a time for cleaning, not only your home, but yourself. Do you have any goals for spring? Are you as excited to shed your winter coats, hats, mittens and boots as we are?
We’re pleased to partner with Stash Rewards, the premier rewards program specifically geared towards upscale, independent hotels. We’d like to encourage valued guests of ours to join Stash Rewards (it’s free!) here and receive 1,000 bonus points automatically. After signing up, guests rack up points just by staying with us and earn the following benefits:
2,000 reward points = stay for 10 nights per year
5,000 reward points = stay for 20 nights per year
10,000 reward points = stay for 30 nights per year
Planning a group getaway? Book your group before December 31, 2013 and actualize by March 31, 2014 and receive:
$3,000 in sleeping rooms and/or meeting revenue = 5,000 reward points
$5,000 in sleeping rooms and/or meeting revenue = 10,000 reward points
$7,000 in sleeping rooms and/or meeting revenue = 15,000 reward points
Certain restrictions apply; rooms are based on availability at the time of the request. For questions please call us at (312) 447-3440.