Summer is here, and Chicago is ready! But how can you enjoy the season in an eco-friendly way?
– Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden and check out their Butterflies exhibit running through Sept. 7. Visitors can immerse themselves in an exhibit of live butterflies. Click here to learn more – tickets must be purchased in advance.
– Plan a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. The Fern Room and the Desert House are open again after a celebration on Earth Day. Click here to visit the website and learn about ongoing events.
– Use this online guide by Backpacker Magazine to find an exciting hike in the Chicagoland area. You’ll be surprised that you can find natural wonders like glacier-carved moraines and waterfalls so close to a major metropolis.
– Rent a Divvy bike and enjoy the city! With so many lakeside paths and Divvy docks set up all over the city, this is a great, eco-friendly way to explore during your holiday. Remember, your bike has to be “checked in” at a dock every 30 minutes to avoid fees, but your Divvy code is valid for 24 hours.
– Dine at an eco-friendly restaurant. In this Choose Chicago article, five establishments are identified as the perfect places for eating green.
Remember to take a look at our eco-friendly amenities, making Hotel Felix the first green eco-friendly hotel in Chicago with Silver LEED certification.
It’s gorgeous outside – Chicago is beautiful this time of year.
Here are seven Chicago outdoor activities that are sure to please every traveler.
– The Chicago Park District website is full of information on locations, events and programs. Maybe you’re looking to take in a jazz concert or theatre production at the park? If you’re visiting Chicago, you’re in the right place.
– Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo. Free to the public, this zoo is open 365 days a year and now features an adorable baby gorilla born in February 2015.
– Sail on a pirate ship! The Tall Ship Windy at Navy Pier is a one-of-a-kind experience. Guides share long-lost stories of Lake Michigan as you take in a truly unique view of the Chicago skyline.
– This is a constant for us – Divvy bikes! You can’t go wrong with docks located all over the city and gorgeous lakefront paths. Remember, return your bike to a dock every 30 minutes to “check in” and avoid fees. One code is valid for 24 hours.
– Visit Millennium Park and Cloud Gate! Even long-time Chicagoans can enjoy seeing double by the sculpture lovingly known as “The Bean.” Check out the City of Chicago website for this and other sculptures in the area. This is a great way to fill up your Instagram with memorable pics!
Have a great spring outdoors in Chicago! Good for your health, your mind and your spirit.
Feel your sun-drenched skin as you enjoy a walk on the sandy shores of Lake Michigan. Let the wind caress your sun-kissed hair as you relish a Ferris Wheel ride at Navy Pier. Quench your sunbaked thirst with a long, tall glass of icy lemonade in front of Millennium Park. End your sun-filled day with an intimate dinner at Troquet, our friendly and hip French-inspired Bistro and Bar, located on site.
So just for you, we created a SUMMER SIZZLE SPECIAL*! Book now through July 31, 2015 and stay through August 31, 2015 and receive 20 percent off our best available rates. Use promo code “SIZZLE” and savor a “sun-sational” experience in Chicago.
Chicago is gorgeous in the summertime so you won’t want to miss this offer.
Some like it hot. We like it sizzling!
*Certain restrictions apply. Requires cancellation 24 hours prior arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax fees. To learn more, contact Denise Howlett, Area Director of Revenue, at email@example.com.
What an honor! The Fashion Spot created a list of the best green hotels to reduce your carbon footprint when traveling and we’re honored to be on the list.
Planning a vacation or looking for a green hotel when traveling on business? We’re proud to be Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified hotel in town.
Details from The Fashion Spot:
“Located in the Windy City, Hotel Felix is making the environment and its guests happy around the clock. From “Loren the Doorman,” a 7-foot-tall statue made of recycled pipes that greets guests to fair trade coffees and chocolates for guests to indulge in whenever they please, there’s something (eco-friendly) for everyone…”
Read more at The Fashion Spot – our hotel is number six on the list, which you can see here.
Then click around their sites for recommendations on fashion, wellness, beauty and more.
We thought that might get your attention! Show us your Chicago spirit on our Facebook page for a chance to win a complimentary night stay with us – Hotel Felix, Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified and eco-friendly hotel. Yes, a chance to win a free night stay with us!
To enter our contest, “Like” our Facebook page and share a photo that showcases the style, the taste and the form of our very own, Windy City.
Need inspiration? The Chicago River. The Bean at Millennium Park. The Bulls at United Center. The Art Institute. Navy Pier. Chicago’s famous deep dish pizza. The possibilities are endless, whether you are scientifically minded, artistically inclined, architecturally driven or just one happy camper!
Be creative and capture THE moment. We can’t wait to see your photos – you can enter May 1 – May 31, 2015. Just share them in the Facebook post about the contest or on our Facebook page. Hotel Management will decide the winner on June 1, 2015.
Contest runs from May 1 – 31, 2015. Winner will be announced on June 1, 2015 and selected by the hotel management. Some blackout dates apply. For more information and details, go to www.facebook.com/hotelfelix. You can also visit the Happy.Naturally blog at www.happynaturally.com.