We’re thrilled to be spotlighted in Just Energy’s new list of Green Hotels in the United States. Do you stay at #green hotels? Do you look for the LEED certification before booking. We’re proud to say we’re Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified hotel.
To see Just Energy’s full article, please click here.
Reduce your carbon footprint when traveling and book eco-friendly to help the environment.
‘Tis the season! The holidays come early at Hotel Felix and we’re ready to deck the halls!
Hotel Felix Chicago is launching a photo contest that focuses on the joys and excitement of the most anticipated holidays. From September 1 until September 30, 2015, participants can submit their favorite winter–themed or holiday photos through Hotel Felix’s Facebook page (on the pinned post), via Twitter (@HotelFelix) or Instagram (@HotelFelix) along with hashtag #TisFelix. Bonus points for any photos that are of Chicago’s winter or holiday celebrations, such as the festival of lights on Michigan Avenue, snow on Cloud Gate (AKA, “The Bean”), and more.
One lucky winner will receive a two-night complimentary stay at our eco-friendly, luxury hotel in the heart of Chicago’s chic River North neighborhood, which is just steps away from the world-famous Magnificent Mile.
• Contest begins at 9 am CST, Sept. 1, 2015 and ends at 5 pm CST, Sept. 30, 2015.
• Winner will be finalized and announced by Oct. 9, 2015.
• Hotel Felix Chicago is the sponsor of this contest.
• Must be 21 or over at the time of entry and a legal, U.S. resident. No purchase necessary to enter or win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, A FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER ACCOUNT, AND PHOTO UPLOADING CAPABILITY REQUIRED.
• Only one winner will be selected by hotel management and the decision is made by hotel management.
• Be creative. No profanity, no illegal or offensive or inappropriate submissions. No entries that defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about sponsor, or its products or services or other people, products or companies.
• The photo must be an original that you submit and must be your own photo that you either took as a selfie, you take, or someone took for you.
• There is no daily or overall limit on the number of entries per Contestant during the Contest Period.
• No photos of you, the entrant, consuming alcohol.
• By entering, you grant Hotel Felix and its ownership the right to use your photo in current or future marketing efforts if they wish, including but not limited to social media sites, websites, public relations and advertising. The hotel does not guarantee the posting of any photo.
• Management at Hotel Felix will decide the winners of the contest. All decisions are final. Winner will be notified via social media to privately share their email, phone and mailing address with Hotel Felix Chicago.
• No cash substitutions will be provided and no transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted. Submissions of entries will be accepted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the prize retail value. All Registered Trademarks and logos used in conjunction with this Contest are the intellectual property of their respective owners and are used by permission.
• Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest at any time for any reason whatsoever, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest (including, without limitation, make changes to these Terms & Conditions) without notice.
• You are supplying this information to Hotel Felix, not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or its partners or application developers. You are providing your information to the owner or operator of Hotel Felix and not to Facebook or any of its partners or application developers.
• Violation of these rules will disqualify you from the contest.
It might be too early to say “Happy Holidays” but it isn’t too early to start dreaming of sugar plums and sleigh rides! Good luck!
Big question to tackle there! George Jordan, our Area General Manager and SVP at Oxford Hotels and Resorts, wrote an intriguing column for Hotel News Now, titled “Airbnb not just a worry, but ‘tectonic shift'”. George examines beyond whether this is a worry and looks at what hoteliers and anyone in the hospitality industry needs to know.
You can see George’s full article in Hotel News Now at this link. Hotel News Now shares the following as the main highlights from the article: – These alliances enter and exit the market, altering supply greatly with the click of a mouse.
– Overall daily supply is often supplanted by new supply.
– The solution doesn’t mean ignore the problem.
Remember, George offers one important solution – don’t ignore it!
Time to relax and unwind! Here at Hotel Felix, we make sure that from the moment you check in, you have an unforgettable experience. Whether you’re here on business or pleasure, we have special packages that can cater to your every need.
Our Spa Boutique Package includes:
– Accommodations in one of our contemporary guest rooms
– A $135 USD credit towards any massage service at the Spa Boutique located here at Hotel Felix
– Two drink coupons to be used at Troquet or the lobby bar per stay
– Early check-in, based on availability
Take time for yourself and check out our massages available for you and a loved one:
The future of transportation is a hot topic, and it might not be in your hands. If you have followed us over the years, you may recall our past partnerships with Tesla. Back in 2009, Tesla celebrated Earth Month with us.
So, naturally, we’re always a fan of Tesla and happy to see their continued commitment to the environment. Both Hotel Felix and Tesla share a mission of offering environmentally-friendly lifestyle options without sacrificing style and class. Transportation is just as important when considering eco-friendly lifestyle options.
The concept of self-driving cars has been a topic of conversation for the past few years and is becoming more and more of a possibility to eliminate human driven cars. According to this article on Tree Hugger, Elon Musk, creator of Tesla, has stated his beliefs that “entirely automated self-driving cars will be ready in about 5 years and that they’ll eventually be orders of magnitude safer than human-driven cars.”
That’s an exciting development.
Will Tesla decide to create their own Uber-esque car service, or will Musk be willing to create self-driven cars for Uber? Only time will tell!