Summer is here, and Chicago is ready! But how can you enjoy the season in an eco-friendly way?
– Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden and check out their Butterflies exhibit running through Sept. 7. Visitors can immerse themselves in an exhibit of live butterflies. Click here to learn more – tickets must be purchased in advance.
– Plan a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. The Fern Room and the Desert House are open again after a celebration on Earth Day. Click here to visit the website and learn about ongoing events.
– Use this online guide by Backpacker Magazine to find an exciting hike in the Chicagoland area. You’ll be surprised that you can find natural wonders like glacier-carved moraines and waterfalls so close to a major metropolis.
– Rent a Divvy bike and enjoy the city! With so many lakeside paths and Divvy docks set up all over the city, this is a great, eco-friendly way to explore during your holiday. Remember, your bike has to be “checked in” at a dock every 30 minutes to avoid fees, but your Divvy code is valid for 24 hours.
– Dine at an eco-friendly restaurant. In this Choose Chicago article, five establishments are identified as the perfect places for eating green.
Remember to take a look at our eco-friendly amenities, making Hotel Felix the first green eco-friendly hotel in Chicago with Silver LEED certification.