Happy Arbor Day! The Illinois State Arbor Day falls on the last Friday of every April and is a day dedicated to planting, nursing, and celebrating trees. We’re celebrating Arbor Day this year on April 29.
Founded in 1972, the Arbor Day Foundation has grown to become the largest nonprofit membership organization dedicated to planting trees, with over one million members, supporters, and valued partners.
Here are some ways you can make the most of Arbor Day:
- Send a Give-A-Tree e-card where a tree is planted for every card sent
- Roll up your sleeves and plant a tree or two
- Bring Arbor Day to classrooms in the community
- Check out the Celebrate Arbor Day Guidebook
- Take a hike – a tree identification hike, that is – and don’t forget your tree guide
Share some photos of your Arbor Day celebrations with us on our Facebook page.