Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you out there! For couples celebrating together, be sure to enjoy each other’s company and surprise your valentine with a sweet treat. For all our singles out there take the day to pamper yourself. Most of all enjoy this day of love!
Here are some fun facts about Valentine’s Day:
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men, while only 27% are women.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine’s Day.
- The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
- Approximately 110 million roses, mostly red, will be sold and delivered within the three-day Valentine’s Day time period.
- Teachers will receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
- In addition to the United States, Valentine’s Day is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Denmark and Italy.
For more fun facts check out She Knows. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, we hope you enjoy your celebrations!