Posted on November 25th, 2014 No comments
The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year, so why not make them even better with the Holiday Window Tour 2014 Contest? Hotel Felix in partnership with Troquet River North and Double Cross Vodka, is a proud participant of the Holiday Window Tour 2014 sponsored by The Art Institute of Chicago. The first contest of its kind, the Holiday Window Tour 2014 combines exquisite holiday window displays with inspiration from the Art Institute of Chicago’s most iconic pieces.
Here’s how it works:
• Participants will snap “selfies” of themselves at one or more of the eight locations, post to social media with the hahstag #HolidayWindowTour, and the name of the property for a chance to win exciting prizes.
What’s best, Hotel Felix suggests a few other ways to enjoy the Holiday Window Tour at their location:
• Have a delightful meal at Troquet River North, the French Bistro and Bar or relax by the fireplace in our Lobby Lounge.
• Indulge in the “Cranberry Mule”, served in a branded copper cup, an exclusive concoction created by Double Cross Vodka, guaranteed to cater even to the most discriminating connoisseur.
• Take advantage of the Winter Frenzy promotion at Hotel Felix and get 20% off our Best Available Rates on our innovative rooms.
The Holiday Window Tour 2014 launched on November 21 and continue through January 2. Hotel Felix is located at 111 West Huron Street. Please follow Hotel Felix on twitter @HotelFelix for current updates on the Hotel Felix’s participation in the Holiday Window Tour 2014, or call 312-447-3440 for details.
Posted on November 20th, 2014 No comments
We are proud to announce that Hotel Felix was named one of Travel+Leisure’s best budget hotel’s in Chicago by Style Expert Amy Tara Koch. Each hotel was evaluated on the ability to deliver maximum comfort to guests at the lowest cost. With rooms beginning at $89 a night, we have always prided ourselves on delivering a luxurious experience to our guests at affordable rates. Some of our amenities include, but are not limited to:
~Complimentary L’Occitane products
~Bedding and linens woven from the finest cotton, Plush robes, Flat screen TV’s in each room
~Complimentary high speed internet
~State of the art workout facility
~Whisper-quiet downtown accommodations
We are also proud to offer the salon and spa services of the Asha Spa at Hotel Felix. As well as the delicious French Bar and Bistro Troquet River North adjacent to our lobby for delicious and convenient dining. Rooms begin at $89 a night, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com for further details or call our concierge at 312-447-3440. We hope to see you soon!
Posted on November 18th, 2014 No comments
Admiring Chicago’s holiday window displays is a tradition never missed by both Chicago natives and visitors alike. This year, Hotel Felix is proud to join the ranks of Chicago’s legendary holiday window displays through a special partnership with the Art Institute of Chicago and Oak Street Design. The “Holiday Window Tour 2014″ combines the extravagance of holiday windows with inspiration from one of the Art Institute’s most iconic works. Each window will be on display at a prominent Chicago location, including our very own Hotel Felix.
Hotel Felix invites the city of Chicago and our guests to come out and celebrate the season with us by embracing our one of a kind window display. Stave off the cold after you’ve finished admiring outside by enjoying dinner at the French Bistro and Bar adjacent to our lobby Troquet River North. Or unwind by the fireplace in our Lobby Lounge with our “Cranberry Mule” cocktail created exclusively for Hotel Felix by Double Cross Vodka.
The Holiday Window Tour 2014 will launch on November 21 and continue through January 2. Hotel Felix is located at 111 West Huron Street. Please follow Hotel Felix on twitter @HotelFelix for current updates on the Hotel Felix’s participation in the Holiday Window Tour 2014.
Posted on November 17th, 2014 No comments
Happy Holidays from Hotel Felix! While it may not be December, Chicago is gearing up for all things festive and we know you won’t want to miss it. Whether it’s the famous Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, the Daley Plaza Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, or Randolph Street’s Holiday Market, we promise you’ll see lots of holiday cheer.
Read on for details on four of our favorite Chicago holiday festivities:
1. Macy’s Holiday Window Displays, Macy’s on State Street, On display now
A tradition that’s 47 years in the making, Macy’s Holiday Window Displays are a treat that each Chicagoan both young and old looks forward to each year. Beautifully crafted, this years theme is The Journey of a Christmas Wish. Spectators can follow the journey of a child’s Christmas toy through Santa’s workshop, Santa’s Christmas Eve delivery, and finally Santa and Rudolph checking their list in front of Macy’s State Street Great Clock.
2. Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, Michigan Avenue, November 22
Beginning at 11a.m. with family friendly activities all along Michigan Avenue, the event not to be missed is the Tree-Lighting Parade. Beginning at 5:30p.m. at the intersection of Michigan Avenue and Oak Street, watch grand marshals Mickey and Minnie Mouse all the way from Disney World light up Michigan Avenue in preparation for the holiday season. The festival is then capped off at 6:55p.m. at North Michigan Avenue and the Chicago River with a spectacular fireworks display.
3. Daley Plaza Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, Daley Plaza, November 25
In it’s 101st anniversary, the Daley Plaza Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is often known as Chicago’s official kick off to the holiday season. Beginning at 4:30p.m. with tree lighting at 5p.m. the event will kick off with Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame performing a medley from Broadway in Chicago’s Dee Snider’s Rock & Roll Christmas Tale. Assisting in lighting the tree this year is Tony Award winner Shuler Hensley, who will be appearing for a limited time in Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical this holiday season in Chicago.
4. Randolph Street Holiday Market, 1340 W. Washington Street, November 22-23
Need the perfect holiday gift that’s equal parts unique and stylish? Look no further than the Randolph Street Holiday Market. With a wide range of vendors selling goods both vintage and modern, this is the place for one stop holiday shopping. Doors open at 10a.m. and close at 5p.m. each day, there is also free parking available on site. Please note that an admission fee is required, a full listing of ticket prices and vendors can be found at www.randolphstreetmarket.com.
From our Hotel Felix family to yours, Happy Holidays!
Posted on November 15th, 2014 No comments
The position requires strong communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to promote the hotel’s products and services, in direct relation to the clients’ needs. The individual is responsible for increasing transient revenue through a significant production growth in preferred and corporate accounts.
- Schedule appointments and effectively conduct sales presentations daily, with heavy emphasis on backyard accounts
- Maintain strong connection with existing accounts, while aggressively pursuing new sales opportunities
- Provide immediate and on-the-spot rate structure and pricing during outside sales calls
- Identify, initiate and nurture account relationships with each organization’s decision makers
- Attend local vendor fairs, conferences and trade shows for maximum property exposure
- Create and facilitate promotional campaigns designed to customize clients’ requirements
- Qualify potential prospects for both transient and group business
- Ensure follow up with complete profile customer information, calls-to-action, sources and trace dates
- Assist in special projects, as needed
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- 3-5 years experience in hotel/hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in various software, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office and Opera. Sales Pro knowledge a plus
- Highly organized, detailed and result-oriented
- Possess a passion for new learning experiences, and applying these new materials to the job
- Aptitude to collect and organize information using logical and methodical manner, recognize and examine the patterns in multifaceted data, identify implications and draw appropriate scenarios that would best suit any given situation
- Capable of being creative, flexible, resourceful and inventive in securing new business
- Adept in working in a team environment
- Willingness to travel, as needed
If you or someone you know is looking, please apply via email at email@example.com.
Posted on November 4th, 2014 No comments
Need a new hotspot for date night or weekend brunch? Look no further than Troquet River North. Adjacent to our lobby, Troquet River North is the place to be with their fabulous weekly specials. Each dish served at Troquet is inspired by a region in France. Plus, with a fully stocked wine bar, it’s impossible to go wrong any day of the week.
However, to make your decision a bit easier, we’ve outlined some exciting food and dining options for Troquet River North below:
1. Saturday and Sunday: Troquet offers brunch with a great deal-$25 for 1 1/2 hours of bottomless mimosas and one brunch entree. Choices include L’American (two eggs, choice of meat, and potatoes) or Le Parisien (croissant with Nutella and fresh fruit).
2. Wednesday: A $12 Classic Croque Monsieur and a Kronenbourg 1664. At 6p.m., Troquet welcomes Chicago composer/pianist/singer Bob Solone. Mr. Solone has been performing in Chicago and around the world for more than 30 years, making his performance not one to be missed.
A favorite spot for our team members and guest alike, Troquet River North is an experience not to be missed. We hope to see you soon.
Posted on October 31st, 2014 No comments
Each year, the Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association (IHLA) hosts their Stars of the Industry Awards. The purpose of this annual event is to provide an opportunity for hotels across Illinois to honor employees that consistently go the extra mile to provide outstanding service. IHLA’s Stars of the Industry is also the only state-wide employee recognition program for the hospitality industry.
This year, four of our outstanding employees are nominated: Nayeli Chavez, Ariful Azam, Nawar Habib, and Troy Murray. On October 29, their nominations were celebrated at the Chicagoland Awards Luncheon. Nayeli, Arfiful, Nawar, and Troy’s hard work and dedication to Hotel Felix are apparent to all those who have the pleasure of working with them. Their commitment to going the extra mile for our guests never waivers. They are a constant inspiration to all here at Hotel Felix, which is why on behalf of the entire staff we would like to extend a heartfelt: Congratulations!
Posted on October 30th, 2014 No comments
Brace yourselves! Winter is on the way and headed to Chicago. Don’t worry – we have good news for you. We’re bringing back our Winter Frenzy* sale.
While the days are shorter and nights are longer, winter is one of the most magical seasons. Crisp copper leaves falling off the trees as winter ushers in. Brisk wind blowing in your face. The signs are there… Winter is coming without delay!
Here’s the details on our Winter Frenzy: Book now, stay from November 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015 and receive 20% off our best available rates.
It’s time to get ready. We started early – so should you!
*Certain restrictions apply. Requires cancellation 24 hours prior arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax fees. To learn more, contact Denise Howlett, Area Director of Revenue, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Larry Irving, Director of Operations at email@example.com. Click on the link to book your reservation.
For more information and details, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com or call 312-447-3440.
Posted on October 28th, 2014 No comments
Happy #TravelTuesday! We’re thrilled to announce that Hotel Felix was named a TripAdvisor GreenLeaders hotel. As Chicago’s first silver LEED certified hotel when we opened in 2010, we are honored to continue our strong tradition of eco-friendly practices with yet another green certification.
The TripAdvisor GreenLeaders hotel program was created to help guests who book their hotels with Earth friendly practices in mind. From budget to luxury hotels, TripAdvisor award their GreenLeaders certification to hotels across America. These hotels have shown commitment to green practices such as recycling, local and organic food, and electric car charging stations. Hotels that are awarded the GreenLeaders status are ranked in order from bronze, silver, gold and platinum. The higher the ranking the more efficient a hotel’s green practices.
We are proud to announce that we have been awarded a gold ranking for our GreenLeader status. Green practices at Hotel Felix include: Energy Star guest room appliances, linen/towel reuse program, energy saving guest room controls, recycling bins in guest rooms, with a guest feedback program on our green practices at the end of each stay. You can see a full listing of all our GreenLeader practices at TripAdvisor.com by clicking on the green leaf next to Hotel Felix’s name.
Whether you’re an eco-friendly traveler or not, we invite you to stay with us next time you’re in Chicago. We hope to see you soon!
Posted on October 24th, 2014 No comments
At Hotel Felix, we’re always ecstatic when someone thinks our hotel is just as wonderful as we do. But this month we’re especially excited to be featured in Rolling Out magazine as one of Chicago’s top 5 romantic getaway hotels. As the fall chill sets in, what better way to stay warm then snuggled up with your significant other in one of our luxurious rooms?
From the moment you step into our lobby you’re greeted with warm furnishings, modern art, and a smile from our lobby staff. Once you check into your room you’ll enjoy plush furnishings, finely woven linens and bedsheets, and a selection of L’Occitane bathroom amenities.
If you’re looking for some out of the room fun, Hotel Felix offers a variety of special packages to keep the weekend exciting. Some of our favorites are:
The Pamper Me: Book the Pamper Me package and receive a complete 60-minute massage by one of The Asha’s trained massage therapists.
The Just Relax: Reserve the Just Relax package and receive one 60-minute massage by a trained massage therapists. Also included is a $50 gift card to 900 shops of your choice located within walking distance of us.
With rooms starting at just $169 a night, your romantic weekend is just a click or phone call away. To make reservations please visit hotelfelixchicago.com or call our concierge at 312-447-3440.