Posted on April 29th, 2013 No comments
We’re ecstatic that we were selected as a TripAdvisor GreenLeader! It is an honor to be recognized by this prestigious program, which was created with travelers in mind.
Developed by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, the program was designed in partnership with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR program, the U.S. Green Building Council and the United Nations Environment Programme.
The GreenLeader Program makes it easier for green-minded guests to select hotels that meet a distinct set of eco-friendly criteria. To qualify for the program, Hotel Felix passed a series of requirements, including having a towel and linen re-using program, using energy-efficient light bulbs, recycling, tracking energy usage and educating staff and guests on our green practices.
According to TripAdvisor, 79% of travelers place importance on properties implementing eco-friendly practices. As Chicago’s first LEED-certified green hotel, we’re thrilled that so many guests value environmentally conscious hoteliers.
Posted on April 24th, 2013 No comments
Namaste! Tonight is the last Wednesday in Earth Month, which means our last day for complimentary yoga in partnership with Elate Yoga. Yoga takes place at 6:30 p.m.
There’s just a couple spots left so email email@example.com if you would like to join us.
Posted on April 18th, 2013 No comments
On Earth Day, recycle your electronics at Best Buy on Michigan Avenue for a chance to win cool prizes, including a one-night stay with us at Hotel Felix.
Here’s the 60-second rundown on how to participate in the event at Best Buy in the John Hancock Center (875 N. Michigan Ave.) from 12-3 p.m.
Hint: You may have heard this on the Mix (101.9), the Drive (97.1) and Rewind (100.3)
Posted on April 16th, 2013 No comments
We are incredibly proud to be selected as Fielding Fowler (a USA TODAY Road Warrior)’s favorite hotel! It is a huge honor and we are thrilled. We work hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and it is so rewarding to hear reviews such as this. Thank you Fielding and USA TODAY!
“Comedian Fielding Fowler’s favorite is Hotel Felix, a boutique hotel he has stayed at four or five times since it opened in Chicago in 2009.
‘I stumbled across it on Priceline.com, so expectations were low,’ Fowler recalls. ‘I have never seen a friendlier staff from top to bottom. They really do care.‘
Beside friendly staff, Fowler applauds the hotel’s cleanliness.
‘Even in four-star hotels, you will see dust in corners, a hair in the shower, because housekeeping is generally understaffed and doesn’t have the needed attention to detail,’ he says. ‘In my four or five stays at the Felix, I have never had that issue.’“
Pick up a copy of USA TODAY or check it out online here!
Posted on April 15th, 2013 2 comments
Columbia College students are proving that haute couture can be eco-friendly too! This Earth Day, April 22, Best Buy and Oak Street Design are collaborating with the fashion students of Columbia College Chicago to create window displays using recycled electronics. The project is a dynamic effort to encourage the community to participate in Best Buy’s Recycling and Trade-In program. Participants are invited to gather their old electronics and drop them off at Best Buy at the John Hancock Center (618 S. Michigan Avenue) from noon to 3 p.m. on April 22 to enter for a chance to win a number of fun Earth Day prizes, including a free night’s stay at Hotel Felix! While there, participants can check out the artful and creative Columbia College Chicago student-made Earth Day window displays and enjoy live music.
Don’t forget to tune in to 101.9 The Mix, 97.1 The Drive and Chicago’s Rewind 100.3 all this week for updates on this free event. It’s a great chance to have fun while supporting local students and contributing to a wonderful cause! We hope to see you there.
Posted on April 12th, 2013 No comments
We love a happy guest! A blogger’s recent review recaps her great experience at our hotel, along with the delicious meal she enjoyed at LM Bistro (adjacent to us) and her relaxing massage at our Asha Spa.
Check it out at:
Live Healthier and Happier.
Posted on April 9th, 2013 No comments
Thank you Examiner for sharing our Earth Month specials in today’s article. Some highlights include our exclusive Earth Day room rate, free yoga each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. during April and our partnership with a local environmentalist to sell t-shirts benefitting a nonprofit committed to the preservation of the river.
Posted on April 5th, 2013 No comments
Today we are pleased to showcase two ecofriendly designers who preserve and respect the earth without sacrificing cutting edge couture. Vaute Couture (“vaute” pronounced as “vote”) is a Chicago-based independent fashion house started by former model Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart. What began as Leanne’s desire for a warm, yet fashionable, cruelty-free faux fur winter jacket turned into an eco-chic fashion empire which counts Oprah and Alicia Silverstone as fans. Vaute Couture has since opened their flagship in Brooklyn near the Garment District where each piece of their environmentally friendly clothing is made.
“Sultry.” “Sophisticated.” “Endlessly wearable.” These are some of the words Elle Magazine used to describe Chicago-based environentally-friendly fashion designer Lara Miller. Lara takes extensive measures to ensure her garments are green and also makes an effort to support the local economy. Case in point: all of her sweaters are loomed here in Chicago using no electricity beyond stitching the garments together! Lara’s garments are carried in stores around Chicago, the country, and internationally as well.
We hope you enjoyed our sustainable chic showcase. Check out these fantastic ecofriendly designers and let us know what you think!
Posted on April 1st, 2013 1 comment
We’re thrilled to partner with Elate Yoga for Earth Month! Elate Yoga is a unique mobile yoga service that brings yoga classes to offices and homes around Chicago. Each Wednesday this month instructors from Elate Yoga will teach a complimentary yoga class at Hotel Felix at 6:30 p.m. Classes are open to guests as well as the community. We recommend RSVP-ing to secure a spot as class sizes are limited. To RSVP please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-772-6459.
Elate is a wonderful fit for Hotel Felix because they promote wellness and share our mission of being green. Elate is entirely paperless and their instructors drive eco-friendly SmartCars. The nature of their business is environmentally friendly as well. By leveraging existing studio space, Elate has a minimal impact on the environment.
Do you plan on taking advantage of our fun Earth Month partnership with Elate? Please share your experience, we love hearing from you. Namaste!
Posted on March 27th, 2013 2 comments
We will roll out the green carpet with free eco-friendly events and activities for Chicagoans and guests alike.
The Earth Month activities include but are not limited to:
• Earth Day, Earth Stay: To kick off Earth Month on April 1, Hotel Felix will offer an exclusive Earth Day room rate of $20.13 plus tax for the first 10 people who book a room for Earth Day, April 22, online using promo code EARTH. The option to book will start at 12 p.m., April 1 and the exclusive rate is only available to stay on April 22 (Earth Day). The rate is based on availability and do not include sales tax. These green steals are bound to go fast and interested guests are encouraged to be ready to book starting at noon, April 1 at www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
• Pop-up Yoga Studio: Hotel Felix is pleased to welcome the talented instructors of Elate Yoga (http://www.elateyoga.com) to the hotel this Earth Month. Every Wednesday in April at 6:30 p.m., Elate Yoga will offer free yoga classes to Chicagoans and hotel guests of all skill levels. Reservations are not required but strongly encouraged, as space is limited. For questions or to reserve a spot, please email Elate Yoga at email@example.com or call 312-772-6459.
• Support Friends of the Chicago River: Hotel Felix will partner with Alexandra Gnoske, a leading environmentalist in Chicago, to support the Friends of the Chicago River. Hotel Felix will sell Gnoske’s limited quantity “Recycle Me” shirts for just $15 each while supplies last. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Chicago River, a nonprofit committed to preserving and protecting the river.
• Debut of Environmental Captains: This April, Hotel Felix will feature the hotel’s first Environmental Captains. Hotel Felix is proud to name the first two Environmental Captains, Troy Murray and Noemi Rodriguez. This honor is bestowed upon them as they demonstrated their passion and commitment to Hotel Felix’ sustainable practices. Murray and Rodriguez will be responsible for overseeing the hotel’s green efforts, including recycling, use of USGBC-approved cleaning supplies and more.
• Our Photogenic Family: The hotel is the proud permanent home to a larger-than-life family of three sustainable art sculptures, who reside right outside the front entrance. These eco-friendly works of art, created by sculptor Allen Christian of House of Balls, (http://houseofballs.com/) have landed at Hotel Felix one-by-one each year over the past three Earth Days. This Earth Month, guests and Chicagoans are invited to see, photograph and enjoy them all month long.
We’re excited for Earth Month to start on Monday! We’ll be sharing more updates and photos throughout the month.