We all know that our smart phones are our life source while traveling, but often times we are unable to plug in our phone and let the battery charge back up. Here are a few tips to live by while traveling:
- ONLY USE YOUR PHONE WHEN NECESSARY! Yes, this one is a challenge but it will help use less battery power. If you need to use your phone make sure you are using only the necessary apps. If you have to check your email, turn off Angry Birds– you can’t do both at once.
- Your phone will use extra juice when searching for a signal. When you are in an area where you know there is no service such as an airplane or subway, switch your phone onto airplane mode, or better yet, turn it off.
- Check the brightness of your phone. To stretch out the battery life turn down the brightness without putting too much strain on your eyes.
- Bad vibrations. Another quick fix to preserve the battery life is to turn off the vibrate function on your phone.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. This function can drain your battery very quickly, if it isn’t a necessity, turn it off.
- Give your phone a nap. If you are headed into a business meeting or out to eat with close friends turn your phone off. This will help save the battery and help you resist the urge of checking for updates and offending others.
These simple tips can help save the battery life on your phone while traveling when you do not have the time or opportunity to charge your phone.