Posted on October 9th, 2013 No comments
We’re so proud to share that Allen Christian, the artist responsible for our beloved sustainable sculpture family, has been recognized by City Paper for his striking sculptures in the new exhibit at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore.
The exhibit, titled Human Soul and Machine: The Coming Singularity is “mind-tickling and eye-tickling” and “filled with objects that are so attractive on first glance and so intriguing on subsequent inspection that no back story is needed.” One of Christian’s sculptures, “Piano Family: Amoroso”, serves as the poster child for the new exhibit and is, as City Paper calls it, “…both beautiful and unnerving,”. Human Soul and Machine: The Coming Singularity is running at the AVAM through August 31, 2014. To read the complete article please visit this link.
Posted on March 27th, 2013 2 comments
We will roll out the green carpet with free eco-friendly events and activities for Chicagoans and guests alike.
The Earth Month activities include but are not limited to:
• Earth Day, Earth Stay: To kick off Earth Month on April 1, Hotel Felix will offer an exclusive Earth Day room rate of $20.13 plus tax for the first 10 people who book a room for Earth Day, April 22, online using promo code EARTH. The option to book will start at 12 p.m., April 1 and the exclusive rate is only available to stay on April 22 (Earth Day). The rate is based on availability and do not include sales tax. These green steals are bound to go fast and interested guests are encouraged to be ready to book starting at noon, April 1 at www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
• Pop-up Yoga Studio: Hotel Felix is pleased to welcome the talented instructors of Elate Yoga (http://www.elateyoga.com) to the hotel this Earth Month. Every Wednesday in April at 6:30 p.m., Elate Yoga will offer free yoga classes to Chicagoans and hotel guests of all skill levels. Reservations are not required but strongly encouraged, as space is limited. For questions or to reserve a spot, please email Elate Yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-772-6459.
• Support Friends of the Chicago River: Hotel Felix will partner with Alexandra Gnoske, a leading environmentalist in Chicago, to support the Friends of the Chicago River. Hotel Felix will sell Gnoske’s limited quantity “Recycle Me” shirts for just $15 each while supplies last. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Chicago River, a nonprofit committed to preserving and protecting the river.
• Debut of Environmental Captains: This April, Hotel Felix will feature the hotel’s first Environmental Captains. Hotel Felix is proud to name the first two Environmental Captains, Troy Murray and Noemi Rodriguez. This honor is bestowed upon them as they demonstrated their passion and commitment to Hotel Felix’ sustainable practices. Murray and Rodriguez will be responsible for overseeing the hotel’s green efforts, including recycling, use of USGBC-approved cleaning supplies and more.
• Our Photogenic Family: The hotel is the proud permanent home to a larger-than-life family of three sustainable art sculptures, who reside right outside the front entrance. These eco-friendly works of art, created by sculptor Allen Christian of House of Balls, (http://houseofballs.com/) have landed at Hotel Felix one-by-one each year over the past three Earth Days. This Earth Month, guests and Chicagoans are invited to see, photograph and enjoy them all month long.
We’re excited for Earth Month to start on Monday! We’ll be sharing more updates and photos throughout the month.