Posted on April 21st, 2015 No comments
Earth Month is well underway and we’re loving the green tips we’re receiving via Twitter with hashtag #GreenFelix.
Have you shared any tips yet? If not, there’s still time to enter the contest. Whether you are recycling your water bottle after lunch, drinking coffee from a reusable mug, biking to work, ride-sharing, or anything else that’s eco-friendly, we want to hear from you.
To enter, simply tweet your green activities to @HotelFelix with hashtag #GreenFelix. You can tweet as much as you’d like until 5 p.m. CST on April 30. The person who tweets the most has a chance to win a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix. Easy and fun! Please note that management will determine if there is a tie and certainly an extra photo or two with your tweets help.
Keep the tweets coming! Happy Earth Month from Hotel Felix!
Posted on April 2nd, 2015 No comments
Earth Month is here! During the month of April, we at Hotel Felix celebrate with green and eco-friendly activities and events for guests and Chicagoans alike. As Hotel Felix continues to reduce its carbon footprint, we want to encourage our guests and followers to do the same. In particular, Hotel Felix will hold a Twitter contest to encourage our eco-friendly followers to tweet green activities throughout April. Whether you are recycling your water bottle after lunch, drinking out of a reusable travel mug, biking to work, ride-sharing, or anything else that’s green, we want to hear from you.
The person who tweets their green activities to @HotelFelix with hashtag #GreenFelix the most has a chance to win a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix! The contest runs until April 30 at 5p.m. CST. The person who tweets the most will win. Please note that management will determine if there is a tie and certainly an extra photo or two with your tweets help.
We cannot wait to see all the great green activities you participate in on a daily basis. Good luck, and Happy Earth Month from all of us at Hotel Felix!
Posted on April 1st, 2015 No comments
Happy Earth Month from your friends at Hotel Felix! As Chicago’s first Silver LEED hotel, we love celebrating Earth Month all month long. We will celebrate Earth Month with green and eco-friendly activities and events for our guests and Chicagoans. We continue to reduce our carbon footprint and encourage everyone to do the same.
During April, we are thrilled to announce the following activities for eco-friendly ways to get involved:
– Earth Day, Earth Stay: On April 8, starting at 12 p.m., the annual discounted Earth Day room rate of just $20.15 (exclusive of the Chicago hotel tax), will be available to people who will reserve a room for an overnight stay on Earth Day, April 22, 2015. Guests are encouraged to visit
www.hotelfelixchicago.com and use the online promo code EARTH. The offer is available to the first five reservations. Don’t procrastinate – this deal will definitely go fast.
– Green Deals from Divvy for Hotel Felix Guests: On Earth Day, Divvy will give hotel guests free 24-Hour Passes to take advantage of their bike-sharing service. Plus, they will offer a discounted rate on the 24-Hour Pass throughout the month to all Hotel Felix guests. And, Chicagoans and guests should be on the lookout for additional complimentary prizes each week via social media from Divvy and Hotel Felix. Divvy is an ideal way to explore the city of Chicago with 300+ stations throughout the city. To learn more about Divvy, please visit DivvyBikes.com.
– Scrappy’s Green Tips: Scrappy, one of the larger-than-life sustainable sculptures at Hotel Felix, will offer his eco-friendly tips throughout Earth Month. Scrappy’s tips are both practical and humorous but most importantly – always green. As examples, Scrappy recommends unplugging chargers and devices when they’re not in use. He also advocates walking whenever possible or taking public transportation. Guests can find Scrappy’s Green Tips on Twitter (www.twitter.com/hotelfelix) throughout Earth Month with hashtag #ScrappyTips.
– Be Green and Tweet Green: Hotel Felix will host a Twitter contest during Earth Month to encourage its eco-friendly followers to tweet green activities throughout the month. Green enthusiasts can tweet all month long with information on how they are being green, such as recycling their water bottle after lunch, drinking out of reusable travel mugs, biking to work, ride-sharing, etc. The person who tweets their green activities to @hotelfelix with hashtag #GreenFelix the most wins a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix Chicago. Management will determine if there is a tie. The contest starts at 10 a.m., April 1 and runs until April 30 at 5 p.m. CT.
– Green Groups Save Green: During Earth Month, eco-friendly group bookings will receive 20 percent off the best available rate if they show proof of their environmental practices. This special discount is available only for new group bookings in April and May 2015. For inquiries, please contact Marianne Encarnado, Area Director of Sales and Marketing, at 312-447-2950.
- Green Shopping Galore: On Earth Day, celebrate in green style by shopping at Greenheart Shop’s Trunk Show on Hotel Felix’ mezzanine. From 10-3 p.m., April 22, guests and Chicagoans can view their new line of green products, including their sustainably-sourced Peruvian wood serving dishes and get a sneak peek of what Greenheart has in their full store. All Hotel Felix guests will receive 20 percent off all merchandise in store throughout April with proof of hotel key.
More about Hotel Felix
As Chicago’s first hotel awarded Silver LEED certification, Hotel Felix (111 W. Huron) delivers an enriching experience that not only benefits the guests, but the environment as well. Hotel Felix opened in April 2009 after an extensive redevelopment of a 1926 building using organic materials and renewable resources. The 225-room boutique hotel is conveniently located just steps from the Magnificent Mile and The Loop, surrounded by many of Chicago’s renowned attractions, popular restaurants, bars and world-class entertainment.
To learn more about Hotel Felix Chicago, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
Posted on March 11th, 2015 No comments
Lights, camera, action! Hotel Felix is proud to announce that our very own Senior Vice President of Oxford Hotels and Resorts, George Jordan, will be traveling to Los Angeles to tape a new reality show!
George is the Area General Manager of our hotel, as well as The Godfrey Hotel and Hotel Cass at the Magnificent Mile.
Good luck George, we can’t wait to see you in action. Follow Hotel Felix on Facebook and Twitter at @HotelFelix for updates on when you can see George on the small screen.
Posted on February 17th, 2015 No comments
What a fun day to celebrate Mardi Gras, also known as Fat Tuesday.
We had our annual team celebration for Mardi Gras with delicious food at Troquet River North, including Chicken Gumbo, Cornbread with Honey Butter. The team at Troquet created this festive meal and it is a great way to honor and appreciate everyone on our team – from the managers to the front desk to housekeeping. It takes a hardworking group to run a hotel and we certainly recognize all the effort everyone puts into it.
Then, for dessert we had a wonderfully-sweet and mouth-watering Apricot Bread Pudding. It hit the spot!
We certainly hope other businesses near and far were celebrating as well.
Following are a few photos from the celebrations before we headed back to work.
Posted on February 9th, 2015 No comments
Their date night essentials, hydra-repair intensive topical infusion capsules and red carpet primer, will ensure a flawless look for your romantic evening. Hydra repair features an intensive topical plant extract and ceramide capsules to improve lipid content in the skin and hydration. The red carpet primer features a plant-based hydrating and plumping microspheres, which fill in wrinkles, fine lines, and conceal pores. Leaving skin smooth and even before applying your foundation.
Started by Ian Lirenman in 1997, emerginC prides itself on 100 percent natural, minimum 70 percent organic skin care products. You won’t find parabens, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colors in any of their products.
EmerginC also is a leader in fair trade practices and environmental initiatives, making them a perfect product to feature at Spa Boutique Felix. We take great pride in being an eco-friendly hotel and their environmental efforts are important to us.
So to ensure you’re looking flawless this Valentine’s Day, stop by our Spa Boutique Felix for your emerginC essentials. Then, go out and have the best date night with your sweetie.
Posted on February 4th, 2015 No comments
When you arrive at our hotel, you will notice three sculptures that greet you on your way in. These three pieces of sustainable art are known to our Hotel Felix family as Loren the Doorman, Madeline The Baker’s Wife, and Scrappy.
Created exclusively for Hotel Felix by Minnesota artist Allen Christian, the sculptures embrace Hotel Felix’s eco-friendly priorities as they are made with found and reclaimed materials. All three sculptures were created specifically with Chicago’s cold winters in mind, which means they will be there to greet you no matter the weather.
Loren was the first to join the family on Earth Day 2010. He stands at 7 feet tall and is made of recycled pipes, a drill bit, an umbrella stand, and a milk bucket head.
On Earth Day 2011 and 2012, Hotel Felix commissioned Madeline and Scrappy, respectively, to stand with Loren at the entrance. The goal of this family is to inspire guests to feel the fun and whimsical spirit of Hotel Felix from the moment they arrive. Of course Loren, Madeline, and Scrappy are never lacking for photo opportunities: guests, employees, and Chicagoans alike enjoy snapping photos with all three. Truly adding meaning to our motto, “Happy, Naturally.”
The next time you stay with us, be sure to say “Hello” to Loren, Madeline, and Scrappy. They’re sure to warm your heart and bring a smile to your face, no matter how chilly the temps are.
We hope to see you soon.
Posted on December 20th, 2014 No comments
New Year’s Eve is one of Chicago’s favorite holidays. Here at Hotel Felix, the celebration we have our eye on this year is the 2015 Bronzeville Bow Tie Ball hosted at the Parkway Ballroom. When you reserve your tickets for the Bow Tie Ball, you’ll receive a discount towards one of our luxury hotel rooms at Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified hotel.
Featuring an open bar, The Javon Watson Experience Band, DJ I.N.C., and secure parking, the celebration begins at 9 p.m. and ends at 2 a.m. Classic black attire is required to attend the event, appetizers and a late night menu will also be featured throughout the evening. Tickets begin at $75 per person. And don’t forget, when your New Year’s festivities come to an end, you’ll have the perfect place to “sleep it off” with us at Hotel Felix.
Posted on December 11th, 2014 No comments
If you’re looking to unwind, the Asha Spa at Hotel Felix has you covered. Located on the second floor of our hotel, the Asha Spa is dedicated to rejuvenating our guests during their stay. The Asha Spa offers treatments that are catered to your specific lifestyle needs. The Asha Spa is also an Aveda Lifestyle SalonSpa, which means they only use Aveda products during their treatments. With a variety of luxurious treatments to chose from, here are a few of our favorites at Hotel Felix:
1. The Asha Massage, 30 minutes to 2 hours
The Asha Spa’s signature customized massage comes with an Aveda aroma of your choice during treatment. Guest are able to choose a 30 minute to 2 hour time frame. This massage is meant to restore balance and reduce tension through a series of compressions, gentle rocking, and calming massage strokes. Heat packs may also be added to enhance the experience.
2. Couples Massage Upgrade, 30 minutes to 2 hours
The Asha Spa offers the opportunity for guests to customize their own massage experience. Select two massages from the Asha Spa’s listing of services, and experience them in a private treatment room side by side.
3. Stress-Fix Massage, 30 minutes to 1 hour
This massage combines the Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Foot Reflexology, and Acupressure Points to reduce and relieve tension within your body. Combined with the signature Aveda ‘Stress-Fix’ aroma with lavender, lavandin, and clary sage which have been clinically proven to reduce feelings of anxiety and strain.
Whether you have 30 minutes or two hours, the Asha Spa is committed to creating ultimate relaxation for our guests. Call 312-256-8000 to reserve your treatment today, or visit www.ashasalonspa.com for a complete listing of spa services.
Posted on November 25th, 2014 No comments
The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year, so why not make them even better with the Holiday Window Tour 2014 Contest? Hotel Felix in partnership with Troquet River North and Double Cross Vodka, is a proud participant of the Holiday Window Tour 2014 sponsored by The Art Institute of Chicago. The first contest of its kind, the Holiday Window Tour 2014 combines exquisite holiday window displays with inspiration from the Art Institute of Chicago’s most iconic pieces.
Here’s how it works:
• Participants will snap “selfies” of themselves at one or more of the eight locations, post to social media with the hahstag #HolidayWindowTour, and the name of the property for a chance to win exciting prizes.
What’s best, Hotel Felix suggests a few other ways to enjoy the Holiday Window Tour at their location:
• Have a delightful meal at Troquet River North, the French Bistro and Bar or relax by the fireplace in our Lobby Lounge.
• Indulge in the “Cranberry Mule”, served in a branded copper cup, an exclusive concoction created by Double Cross Vodka, guaranteed to cater even to the most discriminating connoisseur.
• Take advantage of the Winter Frenzy promotion at Hotel Felix and get 20% off our Best Available Rates on our innovative rooms.
The Holiday Window Tour 2014 launched on November 21 and continue through January 2. Hotel Felix is located at 111 West Huron Street. Please follow Hotel Felix on twitter @HotelFelix for current updates on the Hotel Felix’s participation in the Holiday Window Tour 2014, or call 312-447-3440 for details.