Posted on July 24th, 2015 No comments
Vacation is all about relaxing and taking time for yourself. You deserve to treat yourself. Here at Hotel Felix, we have designed special packages that can make your stay all about you from the moment you arrive for your stay until it’s time to check out.
The special package is Michigan Avenue Madness: Cater to the shopping addict inside you with a shopping spree on Michigan Avenue!
This package includes:
- Accommodations in one of our contemporary and luxurious guest rooms
- $50 gift card to “The 900 Shops”
- A gift bag filled with goodies, including discount vouchers from participating stores and restaurants at “The 900 Shops”
- A signature gift with $100 purchase during your shopping adventure at “The 900 Shops”
- An exclusive 900 Card
Click here to book now.
Another option is the Spa Boutique Felix: Relax in complete comfort and style.
This package includes:
- Accommodations in one of our contemporary and luxurious guest rooms
- $135 credit towards any service offered at the Spa Boutique Felix (advance reservations required)
- Two (2) complimentary drink tickets valid at Troquet Lobby Bar
- Complimentary early check in, based on availability
Click here to book now.
Posted on June 15th, 2015 No comments
Farmer’s markets are quite popular in Chicago – and a “must see” when visiting our city. It’s a great way to get a snack or some fresh produce from a local farm and learn about what produce is in season. The city’s largest Farmer’s Market – Green City Market – is just a short DIVVY Bike from our hotel.
The market is open to the public on Wednesday and Saturday mornings and more than 50 vendors have their best produce, food, flower and more available for purchase. Plus, there’s a number of “prepared” foods to try for a breakfast or a snack, including crepes, tamales, grilled cheese sandwiches and more.
Chicago Magazine recently shared the best of the best at Green City Market. Learn more in their article here.
Posted on May 28th, 2015 No comments
Summer is here, and Chicago is ready! But how can you enjoy the season in an eco-friendly way?
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden and check out their Butterflies exhibit running through Sept. 7. Visitors can immerse themselves in an exhibit of live butterflies. Click here to learn more – tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Plan a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. The Fern Room and the Desert House are open again after a celebration on Earth Day. Click here to visit the website and learn about ongoing events.
- Use this online guide by Backpacker Magazine to find an exciting hike in the Chicagoland area. You’ll be surprised that you can find natural wonders like glacier-carved moraines and waterfalls so close to a major metropolis.
- Rent a Divvy bike and enjoy the city! With so many lakeside paths and Divvy docks set up all over the city, this is a great, eco-friendly way to explore during your holiday. Remember, your bike has to be “checked in” at a dock every 30 minutes to avoid fees, but your Divvy code is valid for 24 hours.
- Dine at an eco-friendly restaurant. In this Choose Chicago article, five establishments are identified as the perfect places for eating green.
Remember to take a look at our eco-friendly amenities, making Hotel Felix the first green eco-friendly hotel in Chicago with Silver LEED certification.
Posted on May 26th, 2015 No comments
It’s gorgeous outside – Chicago is beautiful this time of year.
Here are seven Chicago outdoor activities that are sure to please every traveler.
- The Chicago Park District website is full of information on locations, events and programs. Maybe you’re looking to take in a jazz concert or theatre production at the park? If you’re visiting Chicago, you’re in the right place.
- Book an architecture tour. By boat or on foot, these tours get you out in the sunshine while you learn something about the Windy City. Tours are available via the Chicago Architecture Foundation, Wendella Boats, or Shoreline Sightseeing.
- Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo. Free to the public, this zoo is open 365 days a year and now features an adorable baby gorilla born in February 2015.
- Sail on a pirate ship! The Tall Ship Windy at Navy Pier is a one-of-a-kind experience. Guides share long-lost stories of Lake Michigan as you take in a truly unique view of the Chicago skyline.
- This is a constant for us – Divvy bikes! You can’t go wrong with docks located all over the city and gorgeous lakefront paths. Remember, return your bike to a dock every 30 minutes to “check in” and avoid fees. One code is valid for 24 hours.
- Register for a 5k. Running is good for your health, yes, but Chicago races allow for amazing views of the water or downtown. Check out the Chicago Area Running Association (CARA) website for an updated race calendar.
- Visit Millennium Park and Cloud Gate! Even long-time Chicagoans can enjoy seeing double by the sculpture lovingly known as “The Bean.” Check out the City of Chicago website for this and other sculptures in the area. This is a great way to fill up your Instagram with memorable pics!
Have a great spring outdoors in Chicago! Good for your health, your mind and your spirit.CAF, chicago, Chicago Architecture Foundation, Cloud Gate, Divvy, divvy bikes, eco-friendly, Eco-Friendly Hotel, green, hotel, Hotel Felix, hotel felix chicago, LEED, lincoln park zoo, millennium park, outdoor, outdoor activities, outside, Shoreline Sightseeing, Silver LEED certified, spring, Tall Ship Windy, travel, Wendella Boats
Posted on May 21st, 2015 No comments
A new travel deal just for you!
Feel your sun-drenched skin as you enjoy a walk on the sandy shores of Lake Michigan. Let the wind caress your sun-kissed hair as you relish a Ferris Wheel ride at Navy Pier. Quench your sunbaked thirst with a long, tall glass of icy lemonade in front of Millennium Park. End your sun-filled day with an intimate dinner at Troquet, our friendly and hip French-inspired Bistro and Bar, located on site.
So just for you, we created a SUMMER SIZZLE SPECIAL*! Book now through July 31, 2015 and stay through August 31, 2015 and receive 20 percent off our best available rates. Use promo code “SIZZLE” and savor a “sun-sational” experience in Chicago.
Chicago is gorgeous in the summertime so you won’t want to miss this offer.
Some like it hot. We like it sizzling!
*Certain restrictions apply. Requires cancellation 24 hours prior arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax fees. To learn more, contact Denise Howlett, Area Director of Revenue, at email@example.com.
Posted on May 6th, 2015 No comments
What an honor! The Fashion Spot created a list of the best green hotels to reduce your carbon footprint when traveling and we’re honored to be on the list.
Planning a vacation or looking for a green hotel when traveling on business? We’re proud to be Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified hotel in town.
Details from The Fashion Spot:
“Located in the Windy City, Hotel Felix is making the environment and its guests happy around the clock. From “Loren the Doorman,” a 7-foot-tall statue made of recycled pipes that greets guests to fair trade coffees and chocolates for guests to indulge in whenever they please, there’s something (eco-friendly) for everyone…”
Read more at The Fashion Spot – our hotel is number six on the list, which you can see here.
Then click around their sites for recommendations on fashion, wellness, beauty and more.
Posted on April 21st, 2015 No comments
Earth Month is well underway and we’re loving the green tips we’re receiving via Twitter with hashtag #GreenFelix.
Have you shared any tips yet? If not, there’s still time to enter the contest. Whether you are recycling your water bottle after lunch, drinking coffee from a reusable mug, biking to work, ride-sharing, or anything else that’s eco-friendly, we want to hear from you.
To enter, simply tweet your green activities to @HotelFelix with hashtag #GreenFelix. You can tweet as much as you’d like until 5 p.m. CST on April 30. The person who tweets the most has a chance to win a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix. Easy and fun! Please note that management will determine if there is a tie and certainly an extra photo or two with your tweets help.
Keep the tweets coming! Happy Earth Month from Hotel Felix!
Posted on April 2nd, 2015 No comments
Earth Month is here! During the month of April, we at Hotel Felix celebrate with green and eco-friendly activities and events for guests and Chicagoans alike. As Hotel Felix continues to reduce its carbon footprint, we want to encourage our guests and followers to do the same. In particular, Hotel Felix will hold a Twitter contest to encourage our eco-friendly followers to tweet green activities throughout April. Whether you are recycling your water bottle after lunch, drinking out of a reusable travel mug, biking to work, ride-sharing, or anything else that’s green, we want to hear from you.
The person who tweets their green activities to @HotelFelix with hashtag #GreenFelix the most has a chance to win a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix! The contest runs until April 30 at 5p.m. CST. The person who tweets the most will win. Please note that management will determine if there is a tie and certainly an extra photo or two with your tweets help.
We cannot wait to see all the great green activities you participate in on a daily basis. Good luck, and Happy Earth Month from all of us at Hotel Felix!
Posted on April 1st, 2015 No comments
Happy Earth Month from your friends at Hotel Felix! As Chicago’s first Silver LEED hotel, we love celebrating Earth Month all month long. We will celebrate Earth Month with green and eco-friendly activities and events for our guests and Chicagoans. We continue to reduce our carbon footprint and encourage everyone to do the same.
During April, we are thrilled to announce the following activities for eco-friendly ways to get involved:
– Earth Day, Earth Stay: On April 8, starting at 12 p.m., the annual discounted Earth Day room rate of just $20.15 (exclusive of the Chicago hotel tax), will be available to people who will reserve a room for an overnight stay on Earth Day, April 22, 2015. Guests are encouraged to visit
www.hotelfelixchicago.com and use the online promo code EARTH. The offer is available to the first five reservations. Don’t procrastinate – this deal will definitely go fast.
– Green Deals from Divvy for Hotel Felix Guests: On Earth Day, Divvy will give hotel guests free 24-Hour Passes to take advantage of their bike-sharing service. Plus, they will offer a discounted rate on the 24-Hour Pass throughout the month to all Hotel Felix guests. And, Chicagoans and guests should be on the lookout for additional complimentary prizes each week via social media from Divvy and Hotel Felix. Divvy is an ideal way to explore the city of Chicago with 300+ stations throughout the city. To learn more about Divvy, please visit DivvyBikes.com.
– Scrappy’s Green Tips: Scrappy, one of the larger-than-life sustainable sculptures at Hotel Felix, will offer his eco-friendly tips throughout Earth Month. Scrappy’s tips are both practical and humorous but most importantly – always green. As examples, Scrappy recommends unplugging chargers and devices when they’re not in use. He also advocates walking whenever possible or taking public transportation. Guests can find Scrappy’s Green Tips on Twitter (www.twitter.com/hotelfelix) throughout Earth Month with hashtag #ScrappyTips.
– Be Green and Tweet Green: Hotel Felix will host a Twitter contest during Earth Month to encourage its eco-friendly followers to tweet green activities throughout the month. Green enthusiasts can tweet all month long with information on how they are being green, such as recycling their water bottle after lunch, drinking out of reusable travel mugs, biking to work, ride-sharing, etc. The person who tweets their green activities to @hotelfelix with hashtag #GreenFelix the most wins a complimentary night stay at Hotel Felix Chicago. Management will determine if there is a tie. The contest starts at 10 a.m., April 1 and runs until April 30 at 5 p.m. CT.
– Green Groups Save Green: During Earth Month, eco-friendly group bookings will receive 20 percent off the best available rate if they show proof of their environmental practices. This special discount is available only for new group bookings in April and May 2015. For inquiries, please contact Marianne Encarnado, Area Director of Sales and Marketing, at 312-447-2950.
- Green Shopping Galore: On Earth Day, celebrate in green style by shopping at Greenheart Shop’s Trunk Show on Hotel Felix’ mezzanine. From 10-3 p.m., April 22, guests and Chicagoans can view their new line of green products, including their sustainably-sourced Peruvian wood serving dishes and get a sneak peek of what Greenheart has in their full store. All Hotel Felix guests will receive 20 percent off all merchandise in store throughout April with proof of hotel key.
More about Hotel Felix
As Chicago’s first hotel awarded Silver LEED certification, Hotel Felix (111 W. Huron) delivers an enriching experience that not only benefits the guests, but the environment as well. Hotel Felix opened in April 2009 after an extensive redevelopment of a 1926 building using organic materials and renewable resources. The 225-room boutique hotel is conveniently located just steps from the Magnificent Mile and The Loop, surrounded by many of Chicago’s renowned attractions, popular restaurants, bars and world-class entertainment.
To learn more about Hotel Felix Chicago, please visit www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
Posted on March 11th, 2015 No comments
Lights, camera, action! Hotel Felix is proud to announce that our very own Senior Vice President of Oxford Hotels and Resorts, George Jordan, will be traveling to Los Angeles to tape a new reality show!
George is the Area General Manager of our hotel, as well as The Godfrey Hotel and Hotel Cass at the Magnificent Mile.
Good luck George, we can’t wait to see you in action. Follow Hotel Felix on Facebook and Twitter at @HotelFelix for updates on when you can see George on the small screen.