Posted on June 29th, 2015 No comments
Right here in our lobby! With all the buzz of “Taste of Chicago,” we wanted to share updates on Troquet, the French inspired restaurant adjacent to our lobby. Consider it a Taste of France!
Revel in the mesmerizing sound of live piano music every Wednesday night or indulge yourself in unlimited Mimosas during their Saturday or Sunday brunch.
The restaurant offers creative and imaginative cuisine that caters even to the most discerning palate. Bon Appetit!
Posted on June 25th, 2015 No comments
Relax and rejuvenate! Time to pamper yourself – You’ve earned it.
The Spa Boutique Felix offers a variety of services such as massages, body treatments, facials, nails and waxing. It’s the convenience of a full service spa in a boutique setting right under our roof. Plus, the spa uses organic products that supplement even the most sensitive skin types.
For a limited time, get a $20.00 discount on massages and facials on same day bookings. Hurry – this offer won’t last long. Reserve your appointment and call 312-256-8000.
Posted on June 24th, 2015 No comments
As the first SILVER-LEED certified hotel in Illinois, we blend a comfortable elegance with inspiring natural elements.
We offer whisper quiet rooms, with luxurious linens and beddings. Our rooms are also equipped with motion sensitive temperature control systems, low flow toilets and low water showerheads.
Just for you, we have our ongoing Summer Sizzle Special*. Book now through July 31, 2015 and stay through August 31, 2015 and receive 20% OFF our best available rates*. This is a great deal that you’ll want to take advantage of and take comfort in!
*Certain restrictions apply. Requires cancellation 24 hours prior arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax fees. To learn more, contact Denise Howlett, Area Director of Revenue, at email@example.com or Larry Irving, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on June 16th, 2015 No comments
Three-peat! Last night, the Chicago Blackhawks won the 2015 Stanley Cup finals, beating the Tampa Bay Lightning, 2-0.
This is the third Stanley Cup victory for the Chicago Blackhawks in six years. What’s best – they won on our home ice this time, making the win even sweeter. Chicago – ever the town for sports enthusiasts – is buzzing with excitement and Mayor Rahm Emmanuel has promised a “world-class” celebration and parade for Thursday, June 18 in Chicago.
We’re very happy for the city, the players and the loyal fans. Congratulations, Chicago Blackhawks! #OneGoal #BecuaseItsTheCup
Posted on June 15th, 2015 No comments
Farmer’s markets are quite popular in Chicago – and a “must see” when visiting our city. It’s a great way to get a snack or some fresh produce from a local farm and learn about what produce is in season. The city’s largest Farmer’s Market – Green City Market – is just a short DIVVY Bike from our hotel.
The market is open to the public on Wednesday and Saturday mornings and more than 50 vendors have their best produce, food, flower and more available for purchase. Plus, there’s a number of “prepared” foods to try for a breakfast or a snack, including crepes, tamales, grilled cheese sandwiches and more.
Chicago Magazine recently shared the best of the best at Green City Market. Learn more in their article here.
Posted on June 10th, 2015 No comments
Here at Hotel Felix, we love being based in a city with a variety of eco-friendly businesses. One of our personal favorites is the Greenheart Shop.
Located at 1714 N. Wells Street, the Greenheart Shop has devoted itself to fair trade practices since 2007. Their mission is simple: provide a shopping experience that supports fair trade, eco-friendly products, and local social enterprises. When you choose to shop fair trade at Greenheart your purchase supports community development projects, safe working conditions, and sustainable environmental practices. Not to mention a perfect gift for yourself or loved ones back home!
The Greenheart Shop also prides itself on stocking a wide variety of products. Including but not limited to clothing, home decor, children’s items, and accessories. In addition, the Greenheart Shop features an “Artisan of the Month” on their website to showcase different fair trade artisans from around the world. So the next time you need a gift, a pick me up, or a little stylish inspiration, we hope you’ll visit our friends at the Greenheart Shop.
For more information on the Greenheart Shop visit their website, www.greenheartshop.org.
Posted on June 8th, 2015 No comments
Summer is an exciting time in Chicago! From street fests to the lakefront, there’s countless outdoor activities for guests to explore. This weekend, the city will host its 32nd Annual Chicago Blues Festival. What’s best – the headliner is Buddy Guy, a Chicago legend.
The Chicago Blues Festival is the largest free blues festival in the world and remains the largest of Chicago’s Music Festivals. During three days on five stages, more than 500,000 blues fans prove that Chicago is the “Blues Capital of the World.”
Admission is free and takes place in Chicago’s Grant Park from June 12-14. To learn more, visit the City of Chicago’s website here.
Have fun! Enjoy summer!
Posted on May 28th, 2015 No comments
Summer is here, and Chicago is ready! But how can you enjoy the season in an eco-friendly way?
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden and check out their Butterflies exhibit running through Sept. 7. Visitors can immerse themselves in an exhibit of live butterflies. Click here to learn more – tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Plan a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. The Fern Room and the Desert House are open again after a celebration on Earth Day. Click here to visit the website and learn about ongoing events.
- Use this online guide by Backpacker Magazine to find an exciting hike in the Chicagoland area. You’ll be surprised that you can find natural wonders like glacier-carved moraines and waterfalls so close to a major metropolis.
- Rent a Divvy bike and enjoy the city! With so many lakeside paths and Divvy docks set up all over the city, this is a great, eco-friendly way to explore during your holiday. Remember, your bike has to be “checked in” at a dock every 30 minutes to avoid fees, but your Divvy code is valid for 24 hours.
- Dine at an eco-friendly restaurant. In this Choose Chicago article, five establishments are identified as the perfect places for eating green.
Remember to take a look at our eco-friendly amenities, making Hotel Felix the first green eco-friendly hotel in Chicago with Silver LEED certification.
Posted on May 26th, 2015 No comments
It’s gorgeous outside – Chicago is beautiful this time of year.
Here are seven Chicago outdoor activities that are sure to please every traveler.
- The Chicago Park District website is full of information on locations, events and programs. Maybe you’re looking to take in a jazz concert or theatre production at the park? If you’re visiting Chicago, you’re in the right place.
- Book an architecture tour. By boat or on foot, these tours get you out in the sunshine while you learn something about the Windy City. Tours are available via the Chicago Architecture Foundation, Wendella Boats, or Shoreline Sightseeing.
- Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo. Free to the public, this zoo is open 365 days a year and now features an adorable baby gorilla born in February 2015.
- Sail on a pirate ship! The Tall Ship Windy at Navy Pier is a one-of-a-kind experience. Guides share long-lost stories of Lake Michigan as you take in a truly unique view of the Chicago skyline.
- This is a constant for us – Divvy bikes! You can’t go wrong with docks located all over the city and gorgeous lakefront paths. Remember, return your bike to a dock every 30 minutes to “check in” and avoid fees. One code is valid for 24 hours.
- Register for a 5k. Running is good for your health, yes, but Chicago races allow for amazing views of the water or downtown. Check out the Chicago Area Running Association (CARA) website for an updated race calendar.
- Visit Millennium Park and Cloud Gate! Even long-time Chicagoans can enjoy seeing double by the sculpture lovingly known as “The Bean.” Check out the City of Chicago website for this and other sculptures in the area. This is a great way to fill up your Instagram with memorable pics!
Have a great spring outdoors in Chicago! Good for your health, your mind and your spirit.CAF, chicago, Chicago Architecture Foundation, Cloud Gate, Divvy, divvy bikes, eco-friendly, Eco-Friendly Hotel, green, hotel, Hotel Felix, hotel felix chicago, LEED, lincoln park zoo, millennium park, outdoor, outdoor activities, outside, Shoreline Sightseeing, Silver LEED certified, spring, Tall Ship Windy, travel, Wendella Boats
Posted on May 21st, 2015 No comments
A new travel deal just for you!
Feel your sun-drenched skin as you enjoy a walk on the sandy shores of Lake Michigan. Let the wind caress your sun-kissed hair as you relish a Ferris Wheel ride at Navy Pier. Quench your sunbaked thirst with a long, tall glass of icy lemonade in front of Millennium Park. End your sun-filled day with an intimate dinner at Troquet, our friendly and hip French-inspired Bistro and Bar, located on site.
So just for you, we created a SUMMER SIZZLE SPECIAL*! Book now through July 31, 2015 and stay through August 31, 2015 and receive 20 percent off our best available rates. Use promo code “SIZZLE” and savor a “sun-sational” experience in Chicago.
Chicago is gorgeous in the summertime so you won’t want to miss this offer.
Some like it hot. We like it sizzling!
*Certain restrictions apply. Requires cancellation 24 hours prior arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax fees. To learn more, contact Denise Howlett, Area Director of Revenue, at email@example.com.