Posted on August 29th, 2015 No comments
We’re thrilled to be spotlighted in Just Energy’s new list of Green Hotels in the United States. Do you stay at #green hotels? Do you look for the LEED certification before booking. We’re proud to say we’re Chicago’s first Silver LEED certified hotel.
To see Just Energy’s full article, please click here.
Reduce your carbon footprint when traveling and book eco-friendly to help the environment.
Posted on August 28th, 2015 No comments
‘Tis the season! The holidays come early at Hotel Felix and we’re ready to deck the halls!
Hotel Felix Chicago is launching a photo contest that focuses on the joys and excitement of the most anticipated holidays. From September 1 until September 30, 2015, participants can submit their favorite winter–themed or holiday photos through Hotel Felix’s Facebook page (on the pinned post), via Twitter (@HotelFelix) or Instagram (@HotelFelix) along with hashtag #TisFelix. Bonus points for any photos that are of Chicago’s winter or holiday celebrations, such as the festival of lights on Michigan Avenue, snow on Cloud Gate (AKA, “The Bean”), and more.
One lucky winner will receive a two-night complimentary stay at our eco-friendly, luxury hotel in the heart of Chicago’s chic River North neighborhood, which is just steps away from the world-famous Magnificent Mile.
• Contest begins at 9 am CST, Sept. 1, 2015 and ends at 5 pm CST, Sept. 30, 2015.
• Winner will be finalized and announced by Oct. 9, 2015.
• Hotel Felix Chicago is the sponsor of this contest.
• Must be 21 or over at the time of entry and a legal, U.S. resident. No purchase necessary to enter or win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, A FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER ACCOUNT, AND PHOTO UPLOADING CAPABILITY REQUIRED.
• Only one winner will be selected by hotel management and the decision is made by hotel management.
• Be creative. No profanity, no illegal or offensive or inappropriate submissions. No entries that defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about sponsor, or its products or services or other people, products or companies.
• The photo must be an original that you submit and must be your own photo that you either took as a selfie, you take, or someone took for you.
• There is no daily or overall limit on the number of entries per Contestant during the Contest Period.
• No photos of you, the entrant, consuming alcohol.
• By entering, you grant Hotel Felix and its ownership the right to use your photo in current or future marketing efforts if they wish, including but not limited to social media sites, websites, public relations and advertising. The hotel does not guarantee the posting of any photo.
• Management at Hotel Felix will decide the winners of the contest. All decisions are final. Winner will be notified via social media to privately share their email, phone and mailing address with Hotel Felix Chicago.
• No cash substitutions will be provided and no transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted. Submissions of entries will be accepted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the prize retail value. All Registered Trademarks and logos used in conjunction with this Contest are the intellectual property of their respective owners and are used by permission.
• Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest at any time for any reason whatsoever, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest (including, without limitation, make changes to these Terms & Conditions) without notice.
• You are supplying this information to Hotel Felix, not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or its partners or application developers. You are providing your information to the owner or operator of Hotel Felix and not to Facebook or any of its partners or application developers.
• Violation of these rules will disqualify you from the contest.
It might be too early to say “Happy Holidays” but it isn’t too early to start dreaming of sugar plums and sleigh rides! Good luck!
Posted on August 27th, 2015 No comments
Big question to tackle there! George Jordan, our Area General Manager and SVP at Oxford Hotels and Resorts, wrote an intriguing column for Hotel News Now, titled “Airbnb not just a worry, but ‘tectonic shift’”. George examines beyond whether this is a worry and looks at what hoteliers and anyone in the hospitality industry needs to know.
You can see George’s full article in Hotel News Now at this link. Hotel News Now shares the following as the main highlights from the article:
– These alliances enter and exit the market, altering supply greatly with the click of a mouse.
– Overall daily supply is often supplanted by new supply.
– The solution doesn’t mean ignore the problem.
Remember, George offers one important solution – don’t ignore it!
How do you adjust to change?
Posted on August 17th, 2015 No comments
Time to relax and unwind! Here at Hotel Felix, we make sure that from the moment you check in, you have an unforgettable experience. Whether you’re here on business or pleasure, we have special packages that can cater to your every need.
Our Spa Boutique Package includes:
- Accommodations in one of our contemporary guest rooms
- A $135 USD credit towards any massage service at the Spa Boutique located here at Hotel Felix
- Two drink coupons to be used at Troquet or the lobby bar per stay
- Early check-in, based on availability
Take time for yourself and check out our massages available for you and a loved one:
What are you waiting for? Book here!
Posted on August 11th, 2015 No comments
The future of transportation is a hot topic, and it might not be in your hands. If you have followed us over the years, you may recall our past partnerships with Tesla. Back in 2009, Tesla celebrated Earth Month with us.
So, naturally, we’re always a fan of Tesla and happy to see their continued commitment to the environment. Both Hotel Felix and Tesla share a mission of offering environmentally-friendly lifestyle options without sacrificing style and class. Transportation is just as important when considering eco-friendly lifestyle options.
The concept of self-driving cars has been a topic of conversation for the past few years and is becoming more and more of a possibility to eliminate human driven cars. According to this article on Tree Hugger, Elon Musk, creator of Tesla, has stated his beliefs that “entirely automated self-driving cars will be ready in about 5 years and that they’ll eventually be orders of magnitude safer than human-driven cars.”
That’s an exciting development.
Will Tesla decide to create their own Uber-esque car service, or will Musk be willing to create self-driven cars for Uber? Only time will tell!
Posted on July 30th, 2015 No comments
Instead of waking up on a Monday morning to check the traffic on Google Maps that’s forming on your daily commute, a new factor may determine how you get to work: Air pollution.
On Tuesday morning, Google and Aclima, a company that makes environmental sensor networks, announced a new project they are working on with hopes to improve the amount of pollution that is taking over California.
Senior Editor at Huffington Post Alexander Howard writes, “Over the next year, more Google Street View cars will collect sensor data about the levels of methane, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, nitric oxide, ozone, black carbon, particulates and volatile organic compounds around the Bay Area”
This concept can potentially change the way that cities are planned and hopefully improves the overall well being of the environment throughout the United States.
Check out the rest of the article on Huffington Post here.
Posted on July 24th, 2015 No comments
Vacation is all about relaxing and taking time for yourself. You deserve to treat yourself. Here at Hotel Felix, we have designed special packages that can make your stay all about you from the moment you arrive for your stay until it’s time to check out.
The special package is Michigan Avenue Madness: Cater to the shopping addict inside you with a shopping spree on Michigan Avenue!
This package includes:
- Accommodations in one of our contemporary and luxurious guest rooms
- $50 gift card to “The 900 Shops”
- A gift bag filled with goodies, including discount vouchers from participating stores and restaurants at “The 900 Shops”
- A signature gift with $100 purchase during your shopping adventure at “The 900 Shops”
- An exclusive 900 Card
Click here to book now.
Another option is the Spa Boutique Felix: Relax in complete comfort and style.
This package includes:
- Accommodations in one of our contemporary and luxurious guest rooms
- $135 credit towards any service offered at the Spa Boutique Felix (advance reservations required)
- Two (2) complimentary drink tickets valid at Troquet Lobby Bar
- Complimentary early check in, based on availability
Click here to book now.
Posted on July 21st, 2015 No comments
There’s not much that beats summertime in Chicago: We have the beautiful Lake Michigan, a number of food and music festivals that take place throughout the entire summer, and great weather (most of the time). One thing that Chicagoans look forward to every summer is The Chicago Air and Water Show.
The Chicago Air and Water Show, the largest and oldest free admission event of its kind, returns to Chicago this August. More than 2 million people are expected to attend this two day extravaganza along the shores of Lake Michigan.
The 57th Annual Show takes place at North Avenue Beach as the main point and can be viewed best from Fullerton to Oak Street.
The show takes place on August 15th and 16th from 10am-3pm, although lots of people get to the beach early to get the best viewing spot.
For more information, head to the City of Chicago’s website.
Posted on July 17th, 2015 No comments
Here at Hotel Felix, we pride ourselves on our ability to run a luxury, boutique hotel that’s environmentally friendly. We strive to incorporate sustainable art, low-use lighting, and natural southern exposure into our hotel.
Whenever we are able to share our passion for the environment with other people, it’s extremely exciting for us. Corporations and businesses are starting to become more eco-friendly with their work, placing an emphasis on keeping our earth as clean and healthy as we can, while being convenient and comfortable for others.
Bigbelly, a waste management company based out of Massachusetts, has started a new project with hopes of creating wireless hotspots (or wifi) throughout a variety of trash and recycling bins.
Starting with Manhattan, more than 170 bins have been installed.
Linda Poon, writer for The Atlantic City Lab states, “Each container is equipped with a chip that detects when the bin is full or too smelly, allowing trash collectors to make a pick-up where they’re needed most.” Read the rest of her article here.
Since New York City has had a problem with trash for many years prior, it’s going to be interesting to see how this concept works over the next few months.
Posted on July 13th, 2015 No comments
Tomorrow is an exciting day! Be on the lookout for a red DIVVY Bike (all the others are blue) for the chance to win a two-night stay with us plus dinner at Troquet River North. This bike has been lovingly called the Red Unicorn.
Here’s how it works: DIVVY is putting one red bike out in the city throughout July. Each day has a new winner and the prize varies each day. Tomorrow, July 14, is YOUR chance to win a stay with us.
STEP 1: Find #DIVVYRED! Discover it in one of our stations, watch someone riding it on the street, spot it far in the distance…when you see that beautiful red bike, know that you’re experiencing a special moment.
STEP 2: Take a photo! When you see the red bike, take a photo and post it to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Tumblr with the hashtag #DIVVYRED. Make sure your profile is public so that our team can see when you’ve posted.
STEP 3: Cross your fingers! We have awesome prizes that we’re giving away every day in July. We’re looking for fun and interesting photos, and we’ll choose our favorite ones at the end of each day. Once you post your photo, it’s eligible to win a prize on any day of the month. Winners will be notified on the social network that they post.
Tomorrow’s Prize: Two nights stay at Hotel Felix and dinner for two at Troquet River North (excluding alcoholic beverages). Some restrictions on dates at the hotel apply.